Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Guest Blogger: Samantha

Hey there, I'm Samantha. What's that you've got? I want it. No that. No that. I want Froot Loops. No. I want cheese. Give me chicken. No. Pasta. I WANT COOKIES!!!

Anyways, I'm guest blogging today.

I want to talk to you a little about goals. About dreams. I'm over two and a half years old, so I've had a lot of time to live this crazy life and learn a thing or two.

Seems to me this life is just a little too focused on reaching higher, talking more, building stronger, etc. Even around Christmastime, I get books encouraging me to learn. I get toys like Bob The Builder: "Yes we can!"

But you know what I've learned? This: I can't.

Even if I can, I can't.

Yes we can? Now we can't!

Life's too short to pedal your tricycle. Life's too short to feed yourself toast/grilled cheese/pasta/cereal/apple sauce/cookies/mints/pickles/burritos/eggs, etc. That's why god made adults - so they could feed us.

All you need to do is say "I can't." Someone's bound to do it for you. Trust me. And if "I can't" doesn't work, try a little pout and a hand-squeeze while you say it. They just melt.

So, the next time you want to achieve your dreams, don't say I can. Say "I can't."

Check back soon - my brother is working on a post about how much life sucks. I'd write it for him, but you know...

I can't.

No comments: